history is the history of economic development in Northwest Missouri.
In 1890, Lehr Construction Company was formed by our founding father, J.W. Lehr
who served as president of the corporation until his death in 1928. It was
during this time, in the early 20th century, that magnificent homes and the
industrial base for St. Joseph’s next fifty years began.
In 1928, Arthur L. Lehr served as president of the corporation until his death
in 1944. He directed the company through the end of the Great Depression, World
War II and a huge industrial boom, including packing plants, grain mills,
manufacturing, and St. Joseph’s Goetz Brewery.
J. Wesley Lehr joined the firm in 1935 and served as president from 1944 until
his retirement in 1975. The 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s welcomed more expansion
of local companies, hospitals, and new manufacturing.
In 1975, Jon J. Lehr was appointed as president of the corporation and currently
still holds this position. The 80’s and 90’s saw an exciting expansion of
animal health and pharmaceutical research and production, as well as meat
processing and manufacturing. James E. Moore, Jr. joined the firm in 1940. His
career was interrupted by WWII when he served in the infantry in France. He was
wounded in the Battle of the Bulge. Mr. Moore served as Vice-President, General
Manager and Project Manager until his retirement in 2001.
Lehr Construction Company has evolved and continues to evolve with the changing
economic development in Northwest Missouri. We will continue to provide
planning, accurate preliminary budgets, and the best possible quality for all.